DATE: Monday August 19, 2019
POSITION: School Age Program Staff – 1 Part-time and 1 Full-time
• Completion, or in the process of completing, the following fields of study: Early Childhood Education diploma or degree with membership in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators, Bachelor of Education, Recreation and Leisure, Child & Youth Worker, Developmental Service Worker, etc.
• Experience working in a School Age Program with children between 4 to 12 years of age is preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of child development
• Knowledge or interest in Emergent Curriculum
• Certified in Standard First Aid with Child & Infant CPR – Level C
• An acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check
• Experience working with children with special needs is an asset
• Implementing a quality After School and School Age Program for children 4 to 12 years of age
• Plan and implement programming planning with the co-educator and children
• Ensuring the supervision and safety of the children in the program at all times
• Building positive relationships with the children, families and school community
• Following the Child Care and Early Years Act requirements and the Organization’s policies and procedures
HOURS OF WORK:
• Monday through Friday 10:30 am – 5:30 pm or Monday through Friday 3:00 – 6:00 pm
• There may be some flexibility with these hours
• Additional hours scheduled for school holidays, professional learning, etc.
SALARY RANGE: According to NLCC Pay Grid
START DATE: September 2019
SUBMIT LETTER OF INTEREST TO: Claire Giles, Executive Director
Email: email@example.com Fax: 519-786-5399
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday August 28, 2019 at 4:00 pm
North Lambton Childcare Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.