DATE: Monday December 2, 2019
POSITION: Registered Early Childhood Educators – Full Time Contracts
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Supervisor, Forest Sites
• Minimum of 2-year Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators, is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge and application of ‘How Does Learning Happen?’
• Experience in play-based program planning for children 2 – 12 years of age.
• An acceptable Vulnerable Sector Police Check
• Valid certification in Standard First Aid and Infant/Child CPR – Level C
• Knowledge and understanding of child development
• Knowledge of, and interest in Emergent Curriculum
• Use a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, observing, questioning and demonstrating to support the various needs and interests of the children.
• Provide a daily balance of activities following Emergent Curriculum and ‘How Does Learning Happen?’
• Apply the approaches as set out in the Centre’s Program Statement.
• Encourage and support active family involvement respecting individual families.
• Provide opportunities to review daily activities with parents/caregivers.
• Adhere to all policies of the North Lambton Childcare Centre as set out in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Maintain health and infection control practices and policies.
• Maintain open communication with co-workers, families, etc.
• Participate in professional learning opportunities to keep current in the field of Early Childhood Education.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours per week as scheduled (additional hours required to maintain ratios, attend professional learning, etc.)
SALARY RANGE: According to NLCC Pay Grid
START DATE: January until June 2020 (with a possibility of position becoming permanent)
SUBMIT LETTER OF INTEREST TO: Kari Van Kessel, Administrative Clerk
Email: email@example.com Fax: 519-786-5399
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday December 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm
North Lambton Childcare Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.