DATE: Thursday April 11, 2019
POSITION: Teacher Assistant – Part-time
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Supervisor, St. John Fisher School Site
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Experience working with young children
- An acceptable Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Valid certification in Standard First Aid and Infant/Child CPR – Level C
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- An interest in taking additional training related to the child care field
- Assist in activities following an Emergent Curriculum and ‘How Does Learning Happen?’, indoors and out
- Foster positive relationships and warm interactions with the children and families
- Maintain a regular and punctual work schedule
- Apply the approaches as set out in the Centre’s Program Statement.
- Provide opportunities to review daily activities with parents/caregivers.
- Adhere to all policies of the North Lambton Childcare Centre as set out in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Maintain health and infection control practices and policies.
- Work collaboratively and maintain open communication with co-workers, families, etc.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm (additional hours required to maintain ratios, attend professional learning, etc.)
SALARY RANGE: According to NLCC Pay Grid
START DATE: TBD
SUBMIT LETTER OF INTEREST TO: Claire Giles, Executive Director
Email: email@example.com Fax: 519-786-5399
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday May 1, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.